Thursday, September 25, 2014

Life Since Clearing Out My Shower

     In an earlier post I spoke about removing pretty much all of my personal care items. Some time has passed and I wanted to give an update as to what is sitting in my shower now.

     My only hair care products are now a super simple, coconut oil based conditioner that helps define my curls, it's by Alaffia and I ADORE it. I slick that on my hair, rinse it out, then do a rinse with 1 part apple cider vinegar and about 10 parts water. My hair is fully curling now, has notable length, is stronger and softer than before, and has very little frizz.

     My facial care had to revert back to a natural face soap and its matching face lotion, my skin had become a red, pimply mess. And I'm not willing to relive that teenager time of my life!

     My soap is still replaced by my dry brush that I use wet. I give my entire body a good scrub using long, even strokes up my legs and down my arms, always moving towards my heart. My skin has never looked so good and felt so healthy. I'm softer and get fewer skin irritations (which have plagued me my entire life). I still use soap on my hands, but even that feels gross :( though I don't plan to stop that part.

     My armpits are still graced by absolutely nothing, I get zero complaints and have never gotten a complaint (even during my transition period), so I see no reason to change it. I still anxiously sniff test though, I'm not sure when that will stop. I'm always wondering if anyone smells me, and I ask those around me often. What a conversation starter, right? "Hey, do I smell? Also, nice to meet you."

     That's it. That's all the check in you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment