Sunday, August 10, 2014

Smelly Bitch - Going Deodorant Free

    I stopped using deodorant about 2 weeks ago. I know, weird move. But about 6 months ago I tried to read the ingredients on my commercial antiperspirant and completely regretted it. So I started using mineral stones for my under arm odor, and loved them. While it was a different feeling to get used to, I enjoyed knowing my pits were a little safer, and I liked that I never smelled bad. But why stop there? If I am to be a super hippie, I can't settle with second best.

    I apparently smell like Indian food. When I first went antiperspirant free, it was scary for me. I was diagnosed with hyperhidrosis during puberty and was such a sweaty bastard, that's why I used the hardest core sweat killer ever, and have been since. But when I stopped, it only took about a month or so before my sweat production slowed to not very much at all. I'm not embarrassed at all anymore. Then when I decided to try deodorant free, I smelled very slightly the first few days, but so long as I ensure a scrub my underarms well every day, I don't have any issues. I use a dry brush in the shower and run the brush over my under arms a few times to make sure any bacteria that causes scent is gone.

    In the first week I went out and had a drink, one. And the next day I reeked of hockey player. The day after, the smell was much less, and the days after I was back to not smelling. I can sometimes smell myself, but not often, and after two weeks I finally asked my boyfriend if he had noticed any scent from me. If anyone can tell, it'd be him. And, nothing. Surprisingly, he stopped wearing deodorant about 2 weeks before me and I hadn't been able to tell either. When I asked a woman I work with, she said she had noticed a few days prior that I smelled like Indian food. Spicy. It had been a day I had been working hard physically, so I guess that's a good thing.

    So, I don't see a reason to start smearing myself with chemicals again. I mean, I still have the mineral stone in case I hit a rough patch of smelliness, but overall I feel like this is the safest, most natural method, and with my sexy pheromones now flowing free, I've noticed all the difference, if you know what I mean..

So fresh and so clean clean


No comments:

Post a Comment